Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
You are required to use CQ Magazine as one of the sources of information for your research project. The CQ news team covers virtually every act of Congress, delivering nonpartisan news and analysis
What is CQ Magazine?
- CQ Magazine (formerly known as CQ Weekly) is devoted to legislative issues at the federal level with a goal of providing non-partisan coverage.
- Coverage extends back to 1983 and can be as current as today's date.
- You can search by date, topic, bill number, and a large number of other criteria. You can also browse by topic and see details on floor votes.
- Use Advanced Search. This interface gives you many more options.
- Look at the FAQs tab at the top for information about how to navigate the site.
Where to find CQ Magazine
You'll find a link to CQ Magazine on the library's Political Science and Government subject page, or look up CQ Magazine under Databases By Title on the Library Resources web page.