Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
TLU Library and COVID-19
Due to COVID-19, Blumberg Memorial Library is open with reduced hours only to TLU faculty, staff, and students. Additional information about our precautions may be found on the Library Policies page.
Resources and Services during COVID-19
- During the hours the library is open, TLU faculty, staff, and students are welcome to use all floors of the library, check out materials, and use the computers (some are out of service to ensure social distancing), printers, and poster printers. Patrons must follow the campus-wide guidelines for masking, #CampusClear, and social distancing.
- Special resources during COVID-19 – Several vendors who provide subscription databases to the library have responded with additional support because of the sudden move to online-only classes. The resources at this page are being provided at no charge to the library until the expiration date listed.
- Remote access to online databases and ebooks – As usual, click through to databases and e-books from the library website. You will be prompted to log in with your LAST name (only) and TLU ID number.
- Library instruction will be offered to classes online (Zoom), through face-to-face sessions in regularly scheduled classrooms, and in the library instruction lab to very small classes (following TLU's social distancing policy). Email email@example.com to arrange.
- Research Help via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) and phone (call 830-372-8138 and leave a message). Appointments for a Zoom session are available upon request.
Other resources located in the library
Other resources located in the library:
- Center for Teaching and Learning:
- Student Communication Center:
- Academic Support:
- Visit the Academic Support page (you must be signed in to MyTLU to access this link)
- Email Dr. Sycora Wilson-James, email@example.com
- IT Helpdesk:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 830-372-6000 [off campus], Ext. 6000 [on campus]
Links for online classes
Here are some links to helpful information about a variety of electronic resources that can be used with online classes.
Links to Library resources:
Links to Instructional Technology resources:
Ask a Librarian
TLU librarians offer in-depth research help.
Chat or Text
Ask a Question: The system will prompt you to send a text or an email, or a live chat if a librarian is available.
During library open hours, ask at the main desk for help finding what you need or help setting up an appointment with a librarian.