Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
TLU Library and COVID-19
Because of COVID concerns, from January 12 through January 23, the library building will be closed to patrons and visitors. This closure includes group study rooms and other open areas in the library building. Please note there will be no library staff available to offer services or access to the building on the weekends.
The following library-related services will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
- The outside book drop by the front door is available to return items.
- Any item can be returned by mail to the library at the following address:
- Attn: Nate Aubin
- Blumberg Memorial Library
- Texas Lutheran University
- 1000 West Court Street
- Seguin, TX 78155
- Electronic library resources will continue to function as usual.
The following library-related services will continue Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.:
- Contactless pickup will be offered for circulating physical materials. Requests for library resources must be made via Ask a Librarian - Chat, Email, Text. Library staff will reply with instructions on how to pickup your resources. Please allow at least four hours for us to gather and prepare the resources for pickup.
- Contactless pickup will also be offered for Interlibrary Loan physical materials. Digital Interlibrary Loan items will be emailed to you.
- Reference services will be available via Ask a Librarian - Chat, Email, Text
- During our reduced business hours, large printing jobs (poster printing) will be available by appointment (via Ask a Librarian - Chat, Email, Text).
- Circulating equipment will be available by appointment during our reduced business hours (via Ask a Librarian - Chat, Email, Text).
- All in-person library teaching sessions will be remote until further notice.
- All campus safety protocols will be strictly followed, including masking and social distancing.
Please note this reduction in business hours and building access is only for the next few weeks. We hope to return to normal operations on Monday, January 24. Thank you for your understanding.
Other resources located in the library
Other resources located in the library:
- Center for Teaching and Learning:
- Visit the CTL page (you must be signed in to MyTLU to access this link)
- Email Dr. Rodrick Shao, email@example.com
- Student Communication Center:
- Student Success and Retention:
- IT Helpdesk:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 830-372-6000 [off campus], Ext. 6000 [on campus]
Links for online classes
Here are some links to helpful information about a variety of electronic resources that can be used with online classes.
Links to Library resources:
Links to Instructional Technology resources:
Ask a Librarian
TLU librarians offer in-depth research help.
Chat or Text
Ask a Question: The system will prompt you to send a text or an email, or a live chat if a librarian is available.
During library open hours, ask at the main desk for help finding what you need or help setting up an appointment with a librarian.